Monday, July 27, 2015

'Food?' - Publication

To accompany the Food? exhibition, we were granted funding for a publication (which admittedly only covered about a quarter of the cost, and I put in the rest.)
The catch was that we only found this out and decided to go ahead with it just a few days before the opening night! I quickly put out a plea to all the writers/artists/technicians I know, and spent all of my waking hours on Indesign until it was done. It went to print just a few hours before the opening event.

This was the result...

Cover image by Emma Glucina - a reference to Warhol's banana print
First page dedication: 'For Poor Students and Starving Artists'

The back page. All up, there were 29 contributors!

Above: collage 'Hors d'Oevre' by Hannah Andersen

Above: a handwritten recipe by Miss Changy (Ruby White)

Photo by Jacqui Margetts

As well as curating, compiling, and designing the book, I also included a lot of my own work and writing. 
Here are the pages containing my contributions:

A foreward, which was also the abstract for the show. (Accompanying illustration by Jacqui)




A personal story/article that I wrote about food waste in the hospitality industry








The publication in its entirety can be viewed in PDF format here.